“If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.”
- We must be real about our struggles with sin! Trying to justify your sin is deciding to ignore God’s Word! Our final release from sin will not come in this life but in the life to come! When you invite Jesus Christ into your life, as your Lord and Savior, your past, present, and future sins are paid for “in full”! If you truly gave your life to Christ, you will not be able to continue to live comfortably in your sin! When you do sin, admit to God you have failed. Seek His forgiveness for your sin, His power to defeat the sin in your life, and express your desire to re-enter fellowship with Him. God and sin do not walk hand-in-hand! Confess your sins and be purified from all unrighteousness! He is faithful! He is just! His word is true!
- Examine yourself for sins
- Confess your sins and turn from them
- Live seeking righteousness through the power of the Holy Spirit
- Praise God for forgiveness through the blood of His Son, Jesus Christ!!
Isaiah 44:22 “I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you.”