“You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.”
- Often, we fall into the things that we were without Christ. We have quit going to church, reading our Bible, praying, etc. When we quit being intentional about submitting every area of our life to God, we drift away from Him. God’s promise is that if you seek Him you will find Him, not only for salvation but also for sanctification. What you were does not change overnight but seeking God daily results in continual transformation.
- Since you were created to be like God, is He your number one priority?
- When you look back over the last year are your attitude and heart transforming to the life that Jesus exemplified during His walk on earth?
- Is Christ the desire of your heart?
- Is your “new self” becoming more like God?
Jeremiah 29:13 “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
Dear Lord please forgive me for allowing my desires to control me when they do not align with your desires. Please continue to renew my mind so that I may grow toward the righteousness and holiness that You desire in me. I love You and I thank You for loving me and sending your Son to die for my sins so that I might live! Amen.