“Then Mordecai told them to reply to Esther, “Do not think to yourself that in the king’s palace you will escape any more than all the other Jews. For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”
- We often become comfortable in our situations and circumstances, but fail to seek God’s purpose for having us in the position we are in. Whatever our circumstances, our life purpose is to glorify God. God is always the reason we have attained what we have, and His purpose is always for us to honor Him, and stand for Him. When we feel God is asking us to do something that might make us feel uncomfortable, or risk popularity, we should pray for direction and strength to be obedient, without placing our comfort above God’s will. When we are active in God’s work, we will face trials, however, comfort and ease rarely promote an intimacy with God. Lasting peace will only come with obedience.
- Would you rather be comfortable, or obedient to God?
- How are you honoring God and glorifying His name, in your current job?
- Are you missing opportunities to share Jesus with others, knowing that sharing Jesus is our primary task as Christians?
- Are you angry, downcast, or defeated, when things do not go your way, or do you look to see what God is trying to say during those times?