“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.”
- A Christian possesses the Holy Spirit, and the fruit of the Spirit is evidence of the Holy Spirit in you. In Christ, we should possess each and every thing listed as the fruit of the Spirit. Jesus said that we will be recognized by our fruit. Before we think about how others recognize us, we should recognize for ourselves what fruit we are exhibiting! A lack of any fruit, represents a lack of submission to God, yet God’s desire is that we live our lives with this fruit overflowing from our heart. An imitation will always be discovered, but if we submit our whole heart to God, regardless of our situations, we will be known by our fruit. We should never be satisfied with partially developed fruit, but we should strive to be a light in this dark world, and share the reason for the hope that you have through Christ.
- Do you have any evidence of the Holy Spirit in your life?
- How much do you long to be like Christ?
- How much of the fruit of the Spirit is evident in your life?
- Which examples of the fruit of the Spirit do you exhibit?
- What fruit of the Spirit is not evident in your life?
- In what areas of your life do you most need to pray for strength?
- What do you need to turn over to God that you have been holding onto, that is not allowing you to live by the Spirit?
- What you will release, God will take! Why not give Him everything you have, and be blessed in every area of your life?
Matthew 7:16 “By their fruit you will recognize them.”