“You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. For through the Spirit we eagerly await by faith the righteousness for which we hope. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.”
- We will never be justified by being a good person! We all sin, and one sin will separate us from God. If we have faith in Jesus, we can be considered righteous in God’s eyes. This righteousness should be being developed in you on earth by the Holy Spirit, that is in you, and will be made complete in heaven! The only thing that counts is the faith that is in you, which is expressed in your love for God and your love for others! Faith in Jesus Christ, and love for God and others, is the basis for peace, joy, and eternal life, and there is no other way to attain these three! We have faith that we will one day live with Christ, in God’s presence, but we should also realize that as we walk in faith with Christ, that we become more like Him, and that He is the picture of righteousness! Live your faith and live in peace, both now and forever. You are loved!
- Do you eagerly await righteousness (a life without sin) through faith in Jesus?
- Are you in constant peace in your heart and soul?
- Is your joy maintained in all situations?
- Are you assured of your eternal life? If not, it is a faith and/or love problem!
Dear Lord, please give us, or restore in us, faith in You, and love for You and others! Amen.