“And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.”
- Who does “everyone” include? Does it not include people who have done you wrong, people who do not believe what you believe, people who ignore you, people of different race, religion, or social status, etc.? Regardless of the outcome, and regardless of the response, we must stand firm in faith while striving to be Christlike to everyone. Often it never crosses our mind because we are focused on ourselves. An outward focus will bring peace, while an inward focus will always bring worry.
- When is the last time you did something good to someone? Do you look for opportunities to do so?
- When is the last time you made up your mind that you were going bless someone?
- Will you choose to focus outwardly on others, or only on your personal needs and desires?
- Will you look for the opportunity today to do good to “everyone”, or will you make an excuse as to how this verse must not be pertaining to your situation or circumstance?