“In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds. “Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.”
• Through your faith you are saved and by your works your faith is proven. If your actions are not changed by your faith, your statement of faith is not valid! Your outlook, your attitude, your joy, your peace, your eternal assurance, and your love for God and others should all show evidence of your faith in God and your faith in His word! Picture a child wanting to jump off the diving board for the first time. The child’s father is waiting in the water with open arms assuring the child that he will keep him safe and that he will love the experience. He is unsure because he has never been committed enough and trusting enough to jump. When he finally builds up enough faith in his father to jump, the experience is phenomenal! YOUR FATHER IS WAITING!
Worrying is evidence of a lack of faith! If you claim that God is sovereign and in control and that He loves you and will work all things out for your good as His word says ( Romans 8:28), there is no room left for worry! Give your whole heart and being to God, change the things He gives you the power to change, and trust Him in everything else! When understanding runs out…. rest in faith!
– Do your actions support your claim of faith in God?
– What actions in your life exhibit your faith in God to others?
– Can others tell by your actions that you are a child of God saved by His grace through Jesus, or do your actions place you “comfortably accepted” by a world of sinners with no questions asked?
– Does your attitude reveal that you are living a joyful life, believing God’s word is true and your future is secure, or do you worry all the time?
Romans 8:28 “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”