“When Peter saw him, he said to Jesus, “Lord, what about this man?” Jesus said to him, “If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow me.”
- Jesus does not say, “Here is the plan and outcome for your life, do you think it is fair compared to the plan I have for others?”. Each of us have a role, and a plan for our lives, that has been established by God, and each of us will be held accountable for our response to that plan. Our number one priority is to follow Jesus, and understand that He will work all things for our good, and for His glory. We must not concern ourselves if someone else seems to not have the same hardships or trials that we do. Complete faith in Christ means that we understand that He is in control of all situations, and that we are committed to following Him in whatever direction, situation, or circumstance, that He puts before us. May God be glorified through our obedience.
- Where do you stand?
- Regardless of what happens to anybody else, or what happens to you, Jesus is calling you to follow Him.
- Will you trust Jesus in every situation and circumstance?
- Will you seek God, through His Son, with your whole heart?
- If you lost everything else, would Jesus be enough?
Romans 8:28 “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”