“He must increase, but I must decrease.” — The evidence of Christian growth in our lives is when our focus is continually growing toward Christ and fading from self!
- We must answer and live like John the Baptist did when asked about Jesus. Our lives must be committed to exalting the name of Jesus Christ. We only have so much room in our hearts and in our minds, let us work together on giving it all to Christ! You are loved. When we decrease in self, we increase in Christ and He is exalted, not us. As we learn to humble ourselves, He will lift us up. When Jesus is the object and focus of our desires, we will exemplify Him, grow closer to Him, and find true joy and peace in Him. May God be glorified in our lives.
- Is Christ becoming greater in your life?
- Is His will taking more precedence in your life than your own self will?
- Is your focus more on what you desire for your life or on what Christ desires for your life? Is a change needed?
- Is Jesus becoming more apparent in your life daily? Weekly? Monthly? Yearly? Can the world even tell that He’s there?
- Is Jesus becoming greater in your life or are your goals and desires centered around you?
- Do you try to justify what you are, or is your focus on becoming what Jesus is?