“Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me everything I ever did.” So, when the Samaritans came to him, they urged him to stay with them, and he stayed two days. And because of his words many more became believers. They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.””
- At first the Samaritans believed because of what they had heard, but later they believed because of what they had experienced. The people of the city did not just hear about Jesus from the woman, and claim Him; they went to Him, heard for themselves what He had to say, and made a personal decision to believe in Him, and follow Him. Jesus wants your belief to be based on a personal relationship with Him. You can believe because of what someone has told you, but the experience of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is what changes your life. Your salvation can never be based off someone else’s testimony. Your claim of Christianity is real, your life is changed, and your salvation is secured, when your decision is personal. It is your choice, your decision, and your future. Jesus desires for you to know Him, not to just know of Him. There is a huge difference in having knowledge, and having a relationship.
- Have you just heard the story, or are you experiencing the relationship?
- Have you heard about Jesus, or do you know Him?
- Are you claiming Christianity because of what you have heard, or because of what you have experienced?
- Have you made a personal decision to give your life to Jesus?