“A son honors his father, and a servant his master. If then I am a father, where is my honor? And if I am a master, where is my fear? says the Lord of hosts to you, O priests, who despise my name. But you say, ‘How have we despised your name? By offering polluted food upon my altar. But you say, ‘How have we polluted you?’ By saying that the Lord’s table may be despised. When you offer blind animals in sacrifice, is that not evil? And when you offer those that are lame or sick, is that not evil? Present that to your governor; will he accept you or show you favor? says the Lord of hosts.”
- God does not desire begrudging submission; He desires a heart that longs to align with His. It is time for a life change. It is time to place God above everything else because He is due everything we have. Put thought into your gift to God and honor Him in your heart. Do not give God what is left over but make Him your priority.
- Is God mixed in with other things on your “to do” list or is He the object of your devotion?
- Do you give your best to God or do you just go through the motions?
- Is God your Father and are you obedient to His Word?
- Do you honor your Father and serve Jesus as your Lord?