“And Jesus called them to him and said to them, “You know that those who are considered rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. But it shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
- Jesus came to serve. Whether we are working for somebody, with somebody, or over somebody, we should serve that person with a joyful heart.
- Is your heart’s desire to be served or to serve?
- Who are you serving?
- Are your efforts and thoughts mainly on yourself or on others?
- Is your comfort more important to you than other’s needs?
- Do you think your purpose is greater than God’s, or are you serving others?
- Will you serve others with a Christlike love?
James 4:10 “Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.”
1 John 2:6 “Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.”
Mark 9:35 “Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.””
Dear Lord, may Your love and the servanthood of Jesus be seen in us. Amen