“And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, “‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ You leave the commandment of God and hold to the tradition of men.” And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!’”
- May we purify our hearts today. If we are willing, Christ will cleanse us from the inside out.
- Are you worried more about what other people think of you or about how your heart is aligned with God’s word?
- Do you long to share Christ with others, or do others make you angry?
- Do you find yourself talking about what other people are doing wrong and how they have mistreated you, or are you praying for those who are disrespectful and clearly living in sin?
- Was Jesus talking to you in this passage?
Romans 12:2 “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
Forgive us Lord when we have been guilty of this! Please give us a heart that has been purified by You and may we always be led by a Godly heart! Amen