“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
- We will always have burdens, task, and hardships, on this earth, and we can struggle, be worn down and defeated, and hopeless, or we can walk with Jesus, and let Him take our burdens, and live in the victory He promises. Whatever your burden, sadness, or worry, turn it over to God. “Rest in you souls” can be defined as peace. Jesus promises that if we let Him, He will carry the load. When we let Christ lead, He leads. No load is too heavy to bear, and best of all, we are following our Lord, who brings a peace that only a Christian can understand. We will never be alone, and never have to figure things out on our own. Jesus died for you to cover your sins and save you from death. He promises that if you live for Him, He will keep whatever is burdening you from robbing your joy. When your joy is found in Christ, nothing can take it away. There is no greater feeling than to find rest through Jesus for your soul.
- God has a purpose for everything we go through, however, He never requires us to go through it alone. Notice that Jesus does not promise to remove your burdens, but He promises to bear the brunt of the load. It is a freedom to let Jesus lead in every area of your life. The yoke does not bring great burdens when you are yoked with Jesus, but ironically, it brings freedom. When we are truly yoked with Jesus, we stay focused, on track, and at peace, with a peace that passes all understanding. Praise God for loving us and sending His Son.
- Aren’t you tired of the same struggle day after day?
- Do you ever feel weary and burdened in this life?
- Who better to be yoked together with than the One who gave His life for you, because He loved you?
- How long will you carry the weight of the world on your shoulders, instead of the love of Jesus in your heart?
- Will you give Him your life today?