“And the tempter came and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread.” But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’””
- If you say you are seeking God daily, but you are not consistently in His Word, then I challenge that God is not your priority. God’s Word will change your life by guiding every step you take. Get to know His Word and let it guide your every step. The application of His Word to your life will bring peace and joy that you cannot find anywhere else. If you are just feeding your body with food, you are just existing, but if you are feeding your soul with God’s Word, you are living. Make a vow today to truly “live” the rest of your life. We try not to miss many meals, but how often do we skip getting into the Word? Maybe that is why we often feel spiritually malnourished.
- How much time do you spend meditating on God’s Word, versus thinking about your next meal?
- Do you need to adjust your priorities?
- Are you living by bread alone, or are you being fed by God’s Word?
- Where have you been in the Word this week?