“You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people’s feet. “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.”
- Consider yourself walking through the woods at night with a light off in the distance. The farther you are away from that light, the more shadows there are. Anywhere there is something between you and the light, you cannot see where you are walking, and you are just hoping you do not fall, or get snake bit. Now consider yourself carrying that light, that was off in the distance, and everything around you is lit up. If snakes or stumbling blocks exist, you can avoid them. The farther you are from the light, the more danger you are in. Jesus Christ always provides us a way to be fully lit. The more Jesus is in control of your life, the more of a light you will be to the world. If the people you are around do not know who you claim as Savior, your light is not shining.
- Are you walking in the light?
- Are you assuming that others know where your light comes from, or do you share that God is the reason?
- In your walk for Christ, are you a light to those around you, or are you hidden under a basket?
- Are you salt and light to the world?
Are you eliminating darkness to glorify your Father, or are you just mixing in with the crowd, and abiding in whatever the world has to offer?