“Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.”
- Putting others above ourselves will eliminate much of our frustration, anger, pride, and disappointment, and it is likely that every one of our relationships will improve. It seems like an easy choice but often the choice is pride and self over humility and others. Galatians 5 tells us that the entire law is summed up in one command; “Love your neighbor as yourself”. We must grasp this truth to live a life that is pleasing to God! A focus on others decreases pride and opens doors to share Jesus!
- Are you willing to alter your schedule and plans to benefit others?
- Are you determined to have a good day or to make sure those around you have a good day? (One way you are like most people and the other way you are like Jesus!)
- How often are we more worried about ourselves than we are about others? How often was Jesus?
- How many people do you know, including yourself, that look out for others and consider them above themselves? (I am not talking about random acts of kindness, but rather a daily life that takes time and effort away from themselves to exalt and assist others!)
James 4:10 “Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.”