“Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”
- The ultimate proof of faith is stated in this verse. Contentment will never be found if it is dependent on another person, event, situation, or circumstance. If Jesus is not enough, you will never know contentment. If you claim to be content and you do not know Jesus, the temporary happiness that your claiming as contentment will end. The situations, circumstances, events, and person of Jesus Christ that lead to contentment have already happened. Your response to Jesus and commitment to Him will determine your contentment.
- What does it take for you to be content?
- Are you content in whatever circumstances you are in?
- Is your peace and contentment controlled by your situations and circumstances or is Jesus always sufficient?
- If you lost everything else, would Jesus be enough?
Hebrews 13:5 “Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Philippians 4:19 “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”