“Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the heart.”
- We often try to justify our actions based on our situations or circumstances, but our heart reflects who we really are, and our actions and reactions are coming from deep within us. Our heart is who we have chosen to be, but if our ways align with the world, our heart more than likely does not align with the Lord. God is love and He will change the heart of His children if they will seek Him with all their heart. God knows our heart and we should allow Him to mold us into His likeness, because when the heart changes, the whole person is changed. Our actions can be deceiving but our heart always reveals the truth.
- Do you just read the bible, or do you long to be in God’s word?
- Are you just nice to most people, or do you love others enough to care about their eternity and share the love of Christ with them?
- Are you okay with an occasional bad word, dirty movie, or fit of rage or are you convicted of the sin that so easily entangles you?
- Does your heart seek God daily?
- Does your heart align with God’s desire of loving Him and loving others as much as you love yourself?
2 Chronicles 7:14 “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
Dear Lord, may our selfless pride be removed and our love for You and others be the number one priority in our lives. Amen