“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling.”
- The presence of fear, hopelessness and weakness in our lives is a direct result of our lack of faith. From minor personal struggles to major catastrophes across the world, we can take refuge in God because He is all powerful, all knowing, and ever-present. Nothing is stronger than God, surprises God, can make God go away, or will ever defeat Him. Our unrest comes when we get caught up in the business of this world and neglect to rest in His presence. When we predetermine that God is sovereign, that He loves us, and that His Word is true, then we will be able to live without fear and worry. Faith and worry cannot exist together!
- In whom will you take refuge?
- Will you seek His refuge, strength and help in every situation and circumstance?
- Are you willing to place your full trust in Him?
- How much faith do you have in God?
- Have you decided that no matter what happens, the One True God is your God?
- Will you choose faith or worry?