“Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world— the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life —is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.”
- We all must decide if our heart and our commitment is on what the world has to offer or on what God has to offer! What you possess or what you have become in the world’s eyes does not define what you possess or what you have become in God’s eyes! When we put our desires above God’s desires we are certainly going to fall! What we invest in is what we become! True sustaining joy cannot be hidden, and it cannot be faked!
- What do your resolutions, goals, and desires consist of?
- Is your focus on God and His eternal purposes or on yourself and your comfort and worldly accomplishments?
- Is your passion and priority for things that will pass away or for what will last forever?
- Are your deepest desires Godly or worldly?
- Have you made your choice and are you faithful to that choice?
1 Samuel 16:7 “For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”
Matthew 6:19-21 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
Proverbs 16:18 “Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.” — John 3:30 “He must increase, but I must decrease.”
Dear Lord, may we be aware of our love, desires, and passions and may we make the necessary adjustments so that our hearts will be faithful to You and to You only!! Amen