“We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.”
- What has God commanded you not to do that you continue to live in? Are you ever going through His word and find a commandment you are not obeying? If you respond by striving to change, your lord is probably Christ! If you respond by saying: “I’m not doing that.” or “I’m just the way I am.” or “I just don’t agree with what God’s word says.”, Christ is definitely not the lord your life! I hope we are either convicted of our sin or assured of our salvation every time we read God’s word! The hard word of God is also the sovereign word of God!! I pray we never avoid the passages from His word that call us out!! We cannot choose to keep any sin and be walking with Jesus at the same time!
- Are you praying that God delivers you from the sin in your life or have you chosen your sin over His command?
- Do you truly know God or do your actions and your heart disprove your claim?
- Do we strive to obey His whole Word…even the stuff the world accepts?
- Is your desire that God’s love is truly made complete in you?
- Will you be led by the Spirit today?
- Because of our sinful nature we all struggle with sin and the temptation that sin brings. A Christian’s goal should be to live a life which follows the example Jesus set while He was on earth. Our goal should never be to act better than those around us! Our example is Jesus Christ! May we never set our goals too low and may we always strive to be Christlike!! The walk is only possible through the Holy Spirit, which is always available to those who are in Christ Jesus!
- Does your effort support your claim of Jesus as your Lord?
- Who do you respect, admire, emulate, and pattern your life after?
- Who would you trust to lead you through any situation or circumstance?
- Who is the one, without a doubt, that always has the right answer?
John 14:6 “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”