“But the thing displeased Samuel when they said, “Give us a king to judge us.” And Samuel prayed to the Lord. And the Lord said to Samuel, “Obey the voice of the people in all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected me from being king over them.”
- Samuel followed God and was appointed by God as the last judge of Israel. He was hurt when the people rejected him. If you are following God and others reject you, it is not you who they are truly rejecting. Your spouse, boss, political leaders, fathers, mothers, friends, or even your pastor, may have been placed in your life in leadership roles. Any authority they have has been given to them by God. They may be leaders, but they must never be your Lord. Loyalty to anyone, or anything, on the same level as God, or above God, is a rejection of God. When God speaks to you through the Holy Spirit and prods you to action, action is required. Choose this day who you will serve.
- Will you follow God, regardless of your acceptance by men?
- Who have you chosen to lead you?
- Are you seeking God with all your heart, or do you just acknowledge Him occasionally?
- Will you have faith and follow His direction, even if it takes you out of your comfort zone?
- Are you listening for God’s voice?
Matthew 10:28 “And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.”
Jeremiah 29:13 “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”