“And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” And many rebuked him, telling him to be silent. But he cried out all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!” And Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.” And they called the blind man, saying to him, “Take heart. Get up; he is calling you.” And throwing off his cloak, he sprang up and came to Jesus. And Jesus said to him, “What do you want me to do for you?” And the blind man said to him, “Rabbi, let me recover my sight.” And Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your faith has made you well.” And immediately he recovered his sight and followed him on the way.”
- Jesus asks each of us the same question. While it may seem obvious that a blind man would want to see, many times we do not want our eyes opened to the truths of where we really are in our Christian lives. We must tell Jesus, with broken hearts, that we want to see through His eyes, and we must give Him total control to allow us to walk in the light.
1) Jesus is in the area.
2) Cry out to Jesus for mercy.
3) Don’t let anyone stop you from seeking Him.
4) Confess to Jesus what is keeping you from following Him.
5) Believe in your heart that Jesus can and will remove that stumbling block.
6) Follow Him!
Ephesians 2:8-9 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.”