“Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
- Jesus was telling Peter that he needed to be aware of Satan’s schemes, always walk with God, and be led by the Holy Spirit. God has given us the Holy Spirit to lead, guide, and direct us. Submission to the Holy Spirit includes praying, being in God’s word, and being aware of the traps and snares that are around us. We often pray without watching. We tell God that we love Him, we ask for forgiveness, we thank God, we plead for what we need or desire, we pray for others and then we go about our way until the next time we pray. Test yourself against God’s word and do not conform to this world but allow God to transform you to the person He wants you to be. Nothing will be more satisfying.
1) Keep watch and be aware of your temptation
2) Pray to God
3) Seek support of Christian friends and loved ones
4) Focus on the purpose God has given you.
- What would your life look like if you took this advice from Jesus?
- Are you on your guard?
- Are you prepared?
- Do you trust the omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence of God?
- Will you add watching and listening, not only to our prayer life, but to your life in between your prayers?
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
Psalm 105:4 “Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!”