“My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding; he stores up sound wisdom for the upright; he is a shield to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice and watching over the way of his saints.”
- Anytime you put something created above the Creator you have entered into idolatry.
- What is finding God worth to you?
- How bad do you really want to know God?
- Do you desire God enough to give up your other desires?
- What do you search for more than you search for God?
- Of what benefit to you will these idols be in heaven?
- Will the object of your affection keep you from heaven?
Jeremiah 29:13 “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
Matthew 6:19-21 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”