“Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his court with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.”
- The joy and gladness found in the Lord is so much more real than the joy and gladness that is found in this world. The unhappy Christian is not appealing to anyone. God does not desire our begrudging submission; He desires our willing and joyful heart. May we serve Him with gladness and deep-rooted joy. God is good, faithful, and His love endures forever. He formed us in His image and He is our Shepherd. When we understand who God is and we understand who we are the only correct response is humility.
- How would you rate the gladness you have when you are serving the Lord verses the gladness you have when you are doing other things?
- Is a heart change in order?
- Are you serving God?
- What is your attitude while you serve?
- How are you living for Him?
James 4:10 “Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.”